The need of the hour is to get the various police complaints converted into an FIR and press for the arrest of Yoronsu. The Warden has already forwarded eyewitness accounts of some students, written and signed, to the Proctor. When we met the DCP we told her this but as far as I know, neither has the Proctor handed over these eyewitness accounts to the police, nor has the police made any effort to procure them. The crucial factor is police inaction. They are already in possession of 6 police complaints on this issue, one of them from the Warden, one from a student and neighbor of Yoronsu, two from Naresh Kadyan and two from me. At this stage, we should increase our pressure on the police (through phone calls, emails and RTIs addresses to them) to act on the complaints, record the statements of eyewitnesses, convert the complaints into an FIR and most importantly, arrest the guilty. We should also tell the Proctor to immediately hand over the eyewitness accounts of the students (submitted by the Warden) to the police. Please email him with this request.
Sonya Ghosh, Citizens for the Welfare and Protection of Animals
KIND ATTENTION :-
Prof. Yash Pal - Chancellor,Prof. B. B. Bhattacharya - Vice-Chancellor,Prof. Rajendra Prasad (Rector-I),Prof. Ramadhikari Kumar (Rector-II),Prof. R. K. Kale (Dean of Students),Prof. H.B.Bohidar (Chief Proctor).
Kindly refer to the petition
which is self explanatory about the crime.
Hence being an Representative of OIPA -www.oipa.org in India & Master Trainer of the Animal Welfare Board of India required the following information under the RTI Act, 2005:-
1. How many stray dogs sex wise male-female are roaming in the campus of the JNU ?
2. What steps you have taken yet for the welfare of these dogs, like anti rabies vaccination & sterilization along with feeding, treatment & care,
If not then what is your proposal for future ?
3. What is the truth behind of the incident - the killing of stray dog in your campus along with the action taken report ?
4. Where is the body of the killed dog, if she was murdered by a student then why this prime evidence was destroyed before postmortem & who are the responsible s for this lapse.
5. What action you have taken yet against the accused of this dog killing, please give me the complete details of the accused along with photographs?
6. Is there any complaint lodged by the JNU officially with the Police, if yes then what is the status of the case ?
The required fee under the act are being sent by post.
C-38, Rose Apartment, Sector-14,
Prashant Vihar, ROHINI, DELHI - 110085.
QUESTIONS SUBMITTED TO THE JNU PIO UNDER THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT
- Whether an incident leading to the killing of a dog/bitch in JNU, Kaveri hostel Room No. 248 occurred on the night of 07/07/2008 /08/07/2008.
- Whether the carcass of a dead dog/bitch was recovered from Room No. 248, Kaveri hostel on the night of 07/07/2008 /08/07/2008.
- What were the nature of wounds found on the carcass of the said dog/bitch.
- Whether the dead body of this dog/bitch was sent for post-mortem, or whether any effort was made by the concerned Warden/ Dean / any other authority to hand over the carcass of the said dog/bitch to the authorities for post-mortem.
- What procedure was followed to dispose off the body of the said dog/bitch and by whom.
- Whether the student in residence in Room No. 248, Kaveri hostel, JNU, was permitted to wash out his room after the incident, if so, then by which authority?
- Whether any attempt was made by the JNU authorities in question to seal the hostel room 248 after the killing of the dog/bitch.
- Was Room N. 248 examined by any JNU authority following the incident leading to the discovery of the dead body of the dog/bitch. If so, then by which authority?
- Was any written complaint given by any JNU authority to the Vasant Vihar Police Station pertaining to the killing of a dog/bitch in Kaveri hostel Room No. 248 that occurred on the night of 07/07/2008 /08/07/2008, if so, then by whom?
- If an incident leading to the killing of a dog/bitch in Kaveri hostel Room No. 248 occurred on the night of 07/07/2008 /08/07/2008, what action, if any, was taken against the person/persons who allegedly killed the dog/bitch.
- Whether the student in residence in Room No. 248, Kaveri hostel, JNU, has given a 'confessional statement' to JNU authorities.
- Request for a copy of the 'confessional statement' given by student in residence in Room No. 248, Kaveri hostel, JNU to JNU authorities.
- Whether an inquiry was carried out by the JNU authorities into this incident, if so, then by whom?
- Request for a copy of the Report prepared by the JNU authorities on the basis of the 'confessional statement' of the student in residence in Room No. 248, Kaveri hostel, JNU pertaining to the killing of a dog/bitch in the same room on the night of 07/07/2008 /08/07/2008.
- Whether any representation by the other students in residence in Kaveri hostel was received by the authorities pertaining to this incident on the same night of the incident.
- Request for a copy of the representation signed by various students pertaining to the killing of a dog/bitch in Room 248, Kaveri hostel, JNU on the night of 07/07/2008 /08/07/2008.
Citizens for the Welfare and Protection of Animals (regd.)